I put together some patches to fix issues with pairing up opening and
inline modifiers. The new behaviour requires the closing modifier to be
followed by white space (optionally separated by punctuation). This
things like bug #110. That is, now
where the middle _ would have matched the leading _ before.
I attached them and sent of an email to the list earlier, but it wound
the holding tanking due to it size, so I added them to bug #110 instead.
Running against the test suite will show that 13 failures. Two of these
items the previous version did wrong (i.e., now **** ->
and the __ in Amanita__s is not paired with the opening one). The
are due to it now consistently removing one level of space around - and
This later action is an outcome of the rewrite of the - and – handlers.
While the old could be obtained with a bit more work, I’m not sure this
actually desirable. The new behaviour is consistent between en and em
it is closer to what textile.com gives, it is what my editor claims is
correct, and makes it possible to not get en dash space (e.g., 1993 -