I am newbie to ruby. I have created gui application with help of two
gems. This application directory contain few ruby scripts and a folder
(containing non ruby supporting files). My question is that how do i
package my application for various platform. This can be either
standalone or installer like deb or rpm. I have checked fpm and omnibus
for creating packages. But could not succeed as i do not know how to
include gem and folder/extra files in to package. To sum it up i have
the following in a project directory:-
What i have:-
- Few ruby scripts
- Files/folder containing non ruby files
- Ruby script(s) uses gems (qtbinding and ruby-dbus)
- My application is also depends on syslinux and other few packages
What i want:-
- (any other native distro packages)
- Standalone packages (if possible)
- Good writeup on packaging
What i tried:-
What i got:-
- Tar2exe and exerb -->> erro in both the script. Does not run
- fpm -->> could not include gem and other files for packaging.
- Seems to be suitable but got an error while building
No configuration file
/home/sundar/omnibus-myproject/omnibus.rb', using defaults No configuration file/home/sundar/omnibus-myproject/omnibus.rb’, using
Could not extract version information from
git describe. Setting
version to 0.0.0
Something went wrong…the Omnibus just ran off the road!
Error raised was:
Could not load the Omnibus projects.
Please do not tell me to make gem from my project. My target is users
and not developers.
Thank you in advance.