Our company is looking for Ruby on Rails Software/Web D…
Key Responsibilities include:
- Implementation of front-end application templates for a high
availability of the web-based applications.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team (UI design, engineering,
and product management),
using UI and functional spec/prototypes as input.
- Translate business requirements provided by Product Marketing into
consumer facing UI designs.
- Apply an understanding of the inherent limitations of tools and
technologies and suggest appropriate trade-offs.
Our core business is in Ruby on Rails managed hosting, so we’re
looking for someone
with experience in the field. Our employee will get one paid day a
week to spend on
his or her own Ruby on Rails projects. We"re in the process of
launching some exciting
new rails oriented products and our candidate will hopefully share
Additionally, we are looking for a candidate who is currently active
in the rails
community or willing to be. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter and
self-learner, intelligent and able to adapt
quickly to a rapidly changing and potentially demanding environment.
Most important is that you’re a smart, creative all-rounder with good
solid web development experience and flexibility in picking up new
Particularly useful, though, are:
- Proven history delivering consumer facing scalable web applications.
- Strong desire to work with Ruby on Rails (currently v.1.2) or a
web development platform
- 3+ years experience with the software development cycle: product
specification, design, implementation, qa, release.
- Source control with SVN or similar
- Relational database skills - MySQL or Postgres in particular.
- Deep experience with web browser technologies, especially DHTML,
AJAX, CSS, and Prototype/Scriptaculous in particular
- Unix command-line skills and some knowledge of broader networking
- Design and documentation of front-end projects of various scopes
- Experience working with product management in creating intuitive and
cutting edge Web 2.0 interfaces
- Bachelors’ in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
- The ability to collaborate with peers in engineering and marketing
as part of a development team, and to thrive in a challenging, fast-
While not all essential, we’d also like to see some of these:
- Agile / iterative development methodologies in a small team
- Good object-oriented design and data modelling skills; refactoring;
a sense of aesthetics about code
- Keen on usable user interface design and its role in the development
- Experience at a small company / start-up
- Any other languages or frameworks a plus (Perl, Python, C,
Actionscript may be useful)
Interested candidates should e-mail their resumes in Word format to
Location: United States
*California (Sacramento, Bay Area, San Jose) is prefered location, but
remote location may be acceptable