OT: What is the best DNS for wildcard subdomains?


#1

I am having issues with netfirms in that in the past and right now
certain subdomains result in a failure to direct the request to my
servers.

I need to find somewhere that is reliable and that can handle wildcard
subdomains.

Any suggestions?


#2

Hey Chris -

On 8-Mar-09, at 1:04 PM, Chris O. wrote:

I am having issues with netfirms in that in the past and right now
certain subdomains result in a failure to direct the request to my
servers.

I need to find somewhere that is reliable and that can handle wildcard
subdomains.

Any suggestions?

I’ve never run my own dns, or compiled bind - but I can say that
easydns.com is a joy to use; wildcards et all.

Jodi


#3

You should probably diagnose the actual problem so that you don’t waste
a lot of time migrating a broken configuration only to have it remain
broken.


#4

Jodi S. wrote:

I’ve never run my own dns, or compiled bind - but I can say that
easydns.com is a joy to use; wildcards et all.

Jodi

Thanks for the advice Jodi. I signed up and was able to get everything
working. Hopefully I never see this problem again.

BTW, when I signed up I added your name to the referral slot, so
hopefully you get something out of this.

Thanks again.


#5

On 8-Mar-09, at 10:33 PM, Chris O. wrote:

Thanks for the advice Jodi. I signed up and was able to get
everything
working. Hopefully I never see this problem again.

BTW, when I signed up I added your name to the referral slot, so
hopefully you get something out of this.

Thanks again.

8-))


#6

Ranjeet Smith wrote:

You should probably diagnose the actual problem so that you don’t waste
a lot of time migrating a broken configuration only to have it remain
broken.

The first time netfirms admitted to the problem being on their side so
the root of the problem has been removed :slight_smile: