OT: Regexp buddy

Curious too know if anyone uses or has used the product Regex Buddy ?
It supposedly supports Ruby regexp and is supposed to make the use of
regular expressions a lot easier.
btw, I’m not connected to the software or company but would like to
know how it fits in with Ruby programming.

Stuart

Dark A. schrieb:

Curious too know if anyone uses or has used the product Regex Buddy ?
It supposedly supports Ruby regexp and is supposed to make the use of
regular expressions a lot easier.
btw, I’m not connected to the software or company but would like to
know how it fits in with Ruby programming.

Stuart
it’s a great tool, I love it…

It prevents you from doing stupid little mistakes that take you hours to
find out…

you can even debug you regex and learn a lot!

ruby (and lot’s of other languages / regex flavours) got some decent
support and
you can even create fancy little code snippets with it!

regards
Peter

Should have asked this in my original post, but just thought of it.
Does it make a good learning tool for regexp ?

Stuart

2006/7/8, Dark A. [email protected]:

Should have asked this in my original post, but just thought of it.
Does it make a good learning tool for regexp ?

There’s also RegexpCoach
http://weitz.de/regex-coach/

Which is free for private or non-commercial use. I think this is a
good tool for learning as you can investigate closely how a regexp
goes about matching text. If RegexpBuddy has similar functionality
then it’s probably equally suited to support learning. And then of
course there is Mastering Regular Expressions, 3rd Edition [Book] which is a great
book.

Kind regards

robert

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 23:04:50 +0900, you wrote:

There’s also RegexpCoach
The Regex Coach - interactive regular expressions

and redet:

http://billposer.org/Software/redet.html

http://home.cogeco.ca/~tsummerfelt1
ROVING SWARM: Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos
telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org

I can’t say that I support RegexBuddy 100%. At a glance, it’s a very
powerful and comes with many useful features that appear to be robust.
Their
library of regex is quite excellent that you can get a lot of help very
quickly. It can generate Ruby/Perl/Python/Java code to support regular
expressions. However, it has problems dealing with language specific
regular
expressions and breaks down when an expression gets a bit complicated.
Also,
when I contacted the support, I never hear from them at all! Bottom
line: if
you like the features it supports and find them useful, buy it. I think
it
provides a great way to learn and experiment. If you’re well versed in
regular expressions, it may not help you much. If you’re looking for
support, I hope that you have a lot of time and patience!

–Craig