[OT] PDF's not Downloading in Win/IE

I have a Rails app that’s working perfectly (http://amuinsurance.com),
but on
Windows IE and no other browser, if I go for the URL:
http://amuinsurance.com/content/marine_insurance.pdf

http://www.nabble.com/-OT--PDF's-not-Downloading-in-Win-IE-tf2034599.html#a5597794
Sent from the RubyOnRails Users forum at Nabble.com.

how is your server setup? Apache 1.3 + mod_fastcgi, Apache 2 +
mod_fcgid, Apache 2 + Mongrel, lighttpd?

Mike

Thanks for the quick reply.

Apache 2 on Fedora proxied to lighttpd/mod_fastcgi. Everything else is
working fine, but not this.

http://www.nabble.com/-OT--PDF's-not-Downloading-in-Win-IE-tf2034599.html#a5598569

On 8/1/06, s.ross [email protected] wrote:

I have a Rails app that’s working perfectly (http://amuinsurance.com), but on
Windows IE and no other browser, if I go for the URL:
http://amuinsurance.com/content/marine_insurance.pdf

For reasons I’m not sure about, feeding a pdf inline to IE doesn’t
work a lot of the time. Change the code to send it as an attachment.

Resolved: This works:

def content
send_file(File.join(‘path’, ‘to’, ‘my’, ‘file.pdf’), :type =>
‘application/pdf’, :disposition => ‘inline’) and return
end

I used a route to get the user here.

Thx again.

snacktime wrote:

For reasons I’m not sure about, feeding a pdf inline to IE doesn’t
work a lot of the time. Change the code to send it as an attachment.

http://www.nabble.com/-OT--PDF's-not-Downloading-in-Win-IE-tf2034599.html#a5600208
Sent from the RubyOnRails Users forum at Nabble.com.