From: “Intransition” [email protected]
To: “ruby-talk ML” [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:37 PM
Subject: OT Japanese for NLP

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 01:09:51 +0900, Vishal wrote:

Anyone know the Japanese equivalent to “Natural Language Processing”
(in English transliteration)?

He’s looking to translate the phrase “Natural Language Processing” into
Japanese, and display the result in Romaji script. (More accurately,
he’s
looking for someone who speaks Japanese here to do it for him.)

On Sep 15, 2:20Â pm, Mohit S. [email protected] wrote:

that is correct!

This is written in Romaji as: shizen’gen’go.shori

Thanks. I just wasn’t sure if it was a straight translation. I looked
up the word for “language” and got four different possibilities. Not
knowing the connotations of each, I wasn’t sure which to use. Looks
like “Gengo” is the right word --excellent idea to do a reverse Google
search.

On 16/9/2010 2:08 AM, Ken B. wrote:

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 01:09:51 +0900, Vishal wrote:

Anyone know the Japanese equivalent to “Natural Language Processing”
(in English transliteration)?

My software turned up: 自然言語処理 - searching for this in Google
brought up, amongst others, a page from Microsoft Research called
“Natural Language Processing - Microsoft Research”… so I am guessing
that is correct!

This is written in Romaji as: shizen’gen’go.shori

Cheers,
Mohit.
16/9/2010 | 2:19 AM.