OT: Is there an NG for Ruby on Rails?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a separate newsgroup for Ruby on Rails?

Or, is it ok to post Ruby on Rails messages here?

Thanks,
Jim

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:00 PM, ohaya[email protected] wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a separate newsgroup for Ruby on Rails?

Or, is it ok to post Ruby on Rails messages here?

[email protected]

Aaron T. wrote:

Hi Aaron,

Thanks, but my question was whether or not there was a newsgroup (rather
than a mailing list, etc.).

Do you know if it’s ok to post RoR-related questions here?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi,

I have a question regarding HappyMapper. I do not understand how to
access
the elements without creating a class for the root element. Also, how to
access the value for and element having attributes.

I have worked with the following example XML:

Vikas Sarin . . . </Item

regards,
Vikas Sarin

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:55 PM, ohaya[email protected] wrote:

[email protected]

Thanks, but my question was whether or not there was a newsgroup (rather
than a mailing list, etc.).

No, there’s no newsgroup mirror; the rails mailing list is it. You can
follow it on the web if you like, at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?lnk=srg&hl=en

Do you know if it’s ok to post RoR-related questions here?

No, both the ruby and the rails lists are high-traffic enough that we
ask for questions to go to the right list.

martin

martin

How is that mouse in your pocket?

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Jordon B.[email protected]
wrote:

martin

How is that mouse in your pocket?

Happy to see you, why?

m.

You said “we” so one could only assume you had a mouse in your pocket.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Jordon B.[email protected]
wrote:

You said “we” so one could only assume you had a mouse in your pocket.

Ah - that’d be the tapeworm (:

m.

Martin DeMello wrote:

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:55 PM, ohaya[email protected] wrote:

[email protected]

Thanks, but my question was whether or not there was a newsgroup (rather
than a mailing list, etc.).

No, there’s no newsgroup mirror; the rails mailing list is it. You can
follow it on the web if you like, at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?lnk=srg&hl=en

It can be accessed as a newsgroup via Gmane as
gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails,
which is what I do. (http://gmane.org/)