[OT] I user CocoaMySQL... anyone have any other preferences

Looking for a quality alternative… if there is one :-).

John K.
http://www.kopanas.com

http://www.soen.info - source of the freshest software engineering
information on the net
http://cusec.soen.info - software engineering conference

I use MySQL Administrator. However, I still use CocoaMySQL as well -
I find it gets in the way less, but also allows me to edit the data -
not just the schema - which Admin doesn’t. Admin is most useful for
changing permissions etc.

Try YourSQL - http://yoursql.ludit.it/

On 15 Feb 2006, at 22:11, John K. wrote:

Looking for a quality alternative… if there is one :-).

There’s at least one: Navicat… However, it’s not free. I myself use
CocoaMySQL or phpMyAdmin.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt

Since cocoaMySQL is no longer be maintained, I use YourSQL which is at
http://yoursql.ludit.it/

scott.

What’s an Intel chip doing in a Mac? A whole lor more that it’s ever
done in a PC.

My Digital Life - http://scottwalter.com/blog
Pro:Blog - http://scottwalter.com/problog

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:11:21 -0500, John K. wrote:

Looking for a quality alternative… if there is one :-).

Check out web-based TurboDbAdmin
(http://www.turboajax.com/turbodbadmin.html) - not only is it quick and
clean, but it’ll inspire you to write some pretty cool Ajax code with
those
Dojo widgets of theirs.

Jay L.

No longer maintained? Most recent version was released only two months
ago… works great with MySQL 5.0.

Im still 2 months new to OSX, but v0.5 of CocoaMysql was having some
strange display problems where I had to resize the window for things
to all of the sudden show themselves. I found something called
CocoaMysql-SBG, which is basically someone else’s update to the last
one released by the original author. Ive been using it and it seems
to be working perfectly. Found it here:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/20492 but i think its main page
is: http://www.theonline.org/cocoamysql/ – All I can say for sure is
so far its been good.