OS X - `require': no such file to load -- sqlite3/sqlite3_native

I’ve searched and search, tried a number of things like unstalling
sqlite3 and reinstalling. Reinstalling Rails, building sqlite3 from
source, etc. Nothing seems to work. When I try to start up my server I
get the following:
MacBook-Pro:splash Ross$ rails server
/Volumes/Macintosh
HD/Users/Ross/rails_projects/splash/json/ruby/1.9.1/gems/sqlite3-1.3.3/lib/sqlite3.rb:6:in
require': no such file to load -- sqlite3/sqlite3_native (LoadError) from /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/Ross/rails_projects/splash/json/ruby/1.9.1/gems/sqlite3-1.3.3/lib/sqlite3.rb:6:inrescue in <top (required)>’
from /Volumes/Macintosh
HD/Users/Ross/rails_projects/splash/json/ruby/1.9.1/gems/sqlite3-1.3.3/lib/sqlite3.rb:2:in
<top (required)>' from /Volumes/SSD/Users/Ross/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p136@rails3tutorial/gems/bundler-1.0.11/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:68:inrequire’
from
/Volumes/SSD/Users/Ross/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p136@rails3tutorial/gems/bundler-1.0.11/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:68:in
block (2 levels) in require' from /Volumes/SSD/Users/Ross/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p136@rails3tutorial/gems/bundler-1.0.11/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:66:ineach’
from
/Volumes/SSD/Users/Ross/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p136@rails3tutorial/gems/bundler-1.0.11/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:66:in
block in require' from /Volumes/SSD/Users/Ross/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p136@rails3tutorial/gems/bundler-1.0.11/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:55:ineach’
from
/Volumes/SSD/Users/Ross/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p136@rails3tutorial/gems/bundler-1.0.11/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:55:in
require' from /Volumes/SSD/Users/Ross/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p136@rails3tutorial/gems/bundler-1.0.11/lib/bundler.rb:120:inrequire’
from /Volumes/Macintosh
HD/Users/Ross/rails_projects/splash/config/application.rb:8:in <top (required)>' from /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/Ross/rails_projects/splash/json/ruby/1.9.1/gems/railties-3.0.3/lib/rails/commands.rb:28:inrequire’
from /Volumes/Macintosh
HD/Users/Ross/rails_projects/splash/json/ruby/1.9.1/gems/railties-3.0.3/lib/rails/commands.rb:28:in
block in <top (required)>' from /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/Ross/rails_projects/splash/json/ruby/1.9.1/gems/railties-3.0.3/lib/rails/commands.rb:27:intap’
from /Volumes/Macintosh
HD/Users/Ross/rails_projects/splash/json/ruby/1.9.1/gems/railties-3.0.3/lib/rails/commands.rb:27:in
<top (required)>' from script/rails:6:inrequire’
from script/rails:6:in `’

However, if I do this:
MacBook-Pro:splash Ross$ irb
ruby-1.9.2-p136 :001 > require ‘sqlite3’
=> true
ruby-1.9.2-p136 :002 >

What isn’t working? Security issue? path? This worked for months and
stopped working after I installed the curb and json gems.

Ideas?

On 12 Apr 2011, at 20:30, Ross R. [email protected] wrote:

I’ve searched and search, tried a number of things like unstalling
sqlite3 and reinstalling. Reinstalling Rails, building sqlite3 from
source, etc. Nothing seems to work. When I try to start up my server I
get the following:

Have you checked the architecture of the native extensions you use (you
can use the lipo command to examine which architectures a library is
built for)? If there is a mismatch there you could run into trouble

Fred

Where’s the native extension stored?

On 12 Apr 2011, at 23:10, Ross R. [email protected] wrote: