OpenBTS-UMTS

Hi all,

Is there anyone who used OpenBTS-UMTS
http://openbts.org/w/index.php/OpenBTS-UMTS with USRPs? I want to know
is
there possible to run this openBTS on USRP with UHD? And if it is, what
is
the configuration process?

Thanks in advance,
Mostafa

Have you tried the OpenBTS mailing lists?

OpenBTS is NOT a Gnu Radio application, although it uses the same
hardware as some Gnu Radio

apps, it’s not a Gnu Radio app itself.

On 2014-10-20 15:15, Mostafa A. wrote:

https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnuradio [1]
Links:

No, I didn’t try OpenBTS mailing list, but I think this is possible to
run
the BTS over USRPs with some specific UHD configuration.

Thank you for your hint. OpenBTS isn’t even a GNURadio app.

Did you try it?

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 3:17 PM, [email protected] wrote:

http://openbts.org/w/index.php/OpenBTS-UMTS with USRPs? I want to know


Department of Electrical Engineering
Aboureyhan Building
MMWCL LAB
Amirkabir University Of Technology
Tehran
IRAN
Tel: +98 (919) 158-7730
LAB: http://ele.aut.ac.ir/~mmwcl/?page_id=411
Homepage: http://ele.aut.ac.ir/~alizadeh/


Hello Mostafa A.:

OpenBTS and OpenBTS-UMTS do not use the GNU Radio framework at all, and
so
you don’t need to install GNU Radio in order to use them.

To use OpenBTS and OpenBTS-UMTS with USRP radios, you will need to
install
UHD [1], which you should install before installing OpenBTS and
OpenBTS-UMTS. However, I don’t think there is an OpenBTS-UMTS
transceiver
process for USRP radios yet, and you can’t substitute the OpenBTS
transceiver.

[1] https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd

This conversation should be continued on the “openbts-discuss” mailing
list.

–Neel

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Mostafa A.
[email protected]

I will ask the opentBTS-UMTS mailing list.
I hop to find a wag y to run the BTS on a USRP.

Best
On Oct 20, 2014 11:04 PM, “Neel P.” [email protected] wrote:

Hello Mostafa A.:

OpenBTS and OpenBTS-UMTS do not use the GNU Radio framework at all, and
so you don’t need to install GNU Radio in order to use them.

To use OpenBTS and OpenBTS-UMTS with USRP radios, you will need to
install UHD [1], which you should install before installing OpenBTS and
OpenBTS-UMTS. However, I don’t think there is an OpenBTS-UMTS
transceiver
process for USRP radios yet, and you can’t substitute the OpenBTS
transceiver.

[1] https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd

This conversation should be continued on the “openbts-discuss” mailing
list.

–Neel

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Mostafa A. [email protected]
wrote:

No, I didn’t try OpenBTS mailing list, but I think this is possible to
run the BTS over USRPs with some specific UHD configuration.

OpenBTS is NOT a Gnu Radio application, although it uses the same
hardware as some Gnu Radio

On 2014-10-20 15:15, Mostafa A. wrote:

Hi all,

Is there anyone who used OpenBTS-UMTS with USRPs? I want to know is
there possible to run this openBTS on USRP with UHD? And if it is, what
is
the configuration process?

hello good people im have trouble with Openbts-UMTS

this report :
[email protected]:/home/sahebadin/OpenBTS-UMTS/apps#
./OpenBTS-UMTS
bind() failed: Address already in use
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘SocketError’
Aborted (core dumped)

after i running ./OpenBTS-UMTS
its not running

i dont know this trouble, pls help me for this .

thx before,

regard,Openbts-UMTS

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs