From: [email protected]
Date: 2010/10/15
Subject: one odd thing about bbn802.11b with USRP2_version
To: [email protected]

I have two USRP2 board which I’m running under Ubuntu 10.04.Now I want
test it using the bbn 802_11b usrp2_version.I use the scripts:

bbn_80211b_rx.py -f 2.452G --spb 4 -b -d 128 -v

bbn_80211b_tx.py -f 2.452G --spb 4 -b -i 128 -r 100

the odd thing is that sometimes the USRP2 receiver can not receive any
packets, but by adjusting the position of the USRP2 the USRP2
receiver can be fully or partial accepted delivery of the
package.However, not many locations to meet the normal delivery.

I think the code is correct,but where is the error? Has anyone
encountered the same problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The code for the BBN USRP2 version is not 100% great (I ported some of
it).
The frame preamble search algorithm is pretty dumb so that might be a
problem.

Basically, there is a long list of improvements that can be made to the
code
base to make it more stable and have better packet success rate. Feel
free
to improve what is already there.