The only change since RC3 was to fix rake.bat to use ‘gem’ instead of
the deprecated ‘require_gem’.
This release updates Ruby to 1.8.5 patch level 12 (lots of bugs
fixed), and most of the included extensions to their latest versions
(see the change log).
Also, FreeRIDE is no longer included. You can install FreeRIDE
separately from: http://freeride.rubyforge.org/
Please <http://freeride.rubyforge.org/ Please> report bugs here
(select 185-22 from the “Group” dropdown):
2007-02 Release 22 (final)
- Fixed rake.bat to use ‘gem’ instead of the
2007-01 Release 22 (rc3)
- Upgraded RubyGems to 0.9.2
- Included the correct openssl.so file
- rake.bat no longer closes the console window
- “rake” file now included for easy configuration
2007-01 Release 22 (rc1 & rc2)
- Upgraded Ruby to ruby 1.8.5p12
(2006-12-25 patchlevel 12)
- Removed FreeRIDE (you can install separately from
- Removed FXRuby 1.2.6
- Upgraded FXRuby to 1.6.5
- Upgraded fxri to 0.3.6
- Upgraded Expat XML Parser to 2.0.0
- Replaced HTMLParser with Hpricot 0.4
- Upgraded Ruby/DBI to 0.1.1
- Upgraded Ruby ODBC to 0.9994
- Upgraded Win32 Utils to their latest versions
as of 1-7-2007
- Upgraded OpenSSL to 0.9.8d
2006-08 Release 21 - stable release
- Upgraded Ruby to ruby-1.8.5
- Upgraded to win32-clipboard 0.4.1
- Upgraded to win32-eventlog 0.4.2
- Upgraded to win32-process 0.5.1
2006-07 Release 20 - stable release
- Updated the “src” directory to contain the correct
version of Ruby.
- Stopped dialogs from popping up when installed in
silent mode (using the /S option).
- Upgraded FXRuby to 1.6.1
2006-07 Release 19 - final release for 1.8.4
- Correct version of FreeRIDE is now included (0.9.6)
- SciTE now invokes the Ruby Help file when editing
a ruby program.
2006-07 Release 18
- Included all Win32-Util packages that are available
- Updated RubyGems to 0.9.0
- All sample programs now reside under the “samples”
- Updated FreeRIDE to 0.9.6
- Upgrade FXRuby to 1.6.0
- Added option for European keyboard to properly map
certain input characters in IRB.
- Uninstaller now informs you that the entire
installation dir will be deleted and gives
you the option to abort.
- Upgraded Ruby to ruby-1.8.4-20060414
- Log4r is now installed via RubyGems
2006-05 Release 17
- Start menu items are now removed on uninstall
- Upgrade VRuby to vruby060223
- Upgrade SWin to vrswin060205
- Upgrade FXRuby to 1.4.6
- Upgraded zlib to 1.2.3.
- RUBYOPT is now properly handled on install and
uninstall when adding the -rubygems option.
- SciTe now defaults, for ruby file, to two-space tabs
and indent, and shows line numbers.
- Standalone “ri” and “rdoc” ruby files are now included
(in addition to ri.bat and rdoc.bat) because these are
needed for the RDT Eclipse plugin.
- Fixed file association and icons for *.rb & *.rbw
- XML Parser is now included again.
- DBI is now included again, but only with the ODBC
- Fix a problem where fxri and ri did not work properly
(the ri database was being duplicated).
- Updated release notes to mention that the install now
only contains bindings to Tcl/Tk and that to use Tcl/Tk
you must install it (recommending ActiveTcl).
- \bin now added to beginning of the system
path instead of the end.
- Switched back to SciTE from Notepad++
- Upgraded FXRuby to 1.4.4.
- Completely rewrote build system to build on top of
the ruby-mswin32 distribution, and use rake to run
the build process.
- RubyMock removed, it is no longer publicly available.
- Packages included as preinstalled RubyGems can no
longer be optional in the installer. This now includes
fxri and FXRuby, and RubyGems itself.
- Added FXRuby 1.4.3 (in addition to 1.2.6, which is
required by FreeRIDE).
- FXRuby 1.2.6 now instaled via RubyGems
- Fxri now installed via RubyGems.
- Upgraded build system to be able to directly install
extensions using RubyGem.
- Upgraded RubyGems to 0.8.11
- Went back to installing FXRuby through its
installer instead of its RubyGem.
- Included ruby/misc/ruby-electric.el from Ruby 1.9
- Included new build of readline 4.3.2
(I hope this fixes readline problems)
- included testunit patch needed by Rails
- Updated FreeRIDE to 0.9.4
- Included fxri 0.3.2
- Updated FXRuby 1.2.6
- Updated RubyGems to 0.8.10
- Created start menu shortcuts for RubyGems gem_server
and viewing the RDoc for installed gems.
- Included user-submitted irb patch
- Built from Ruby 1.8.2 final
- OpenSSL 0.9.7e
- Updated RubyGems to 0.8.3
- Updated FreeRIDE to 0.9.2
- Updated GnuWin32ZLib to 1.2.1
- Updated FXRuby to 1.2.2
- Updated FreeRIDE to 0.9.0
- RUBYOPT environment var is prepended and not replaced.
- Built from Ruby 1.8.2 preview3
2004-08-31 17:47 CURT
Fixed build script to download and build FreeRIDE
from the tarball (I hacked in the FreeRIDE build earlier).
Added a registry entry that allows you to right click
in windows explorer and select “New>Ruby P.” to create
and empty ruby file.
2004-08-17 13:51 CURT
Compiled with vc++ 7.1 (required for FreeRIDE debugger)
Added FreeRIDE 0.7.0 (prerelease)
Changed TCL/TK support by compileing Ruby
with the --enable-tcltk_stubs option, and
eliminated the need to set any TCL environment
Upgraded Ruby-odbc to version 0.994
2004-07-30 13:51 CURT
- Built from Ruby 1.8.2 preview2
2004-07-29 08:29 CURT
Built from Ruby 1.8.2 preview1
Added Start Menu shortcuts to documentation on ruby-doc.org.
Fixed IRB so that tab completion would work by picking up the
Windows port of readline.dll and readline.so (v4.3.2) from
ActiveScriptRuby 18.104.22.168 (http://arton.hp.infoseek.co.jp/).
Copies of these files are now in the directory:
However, tab completion only works for english keyboards.
Eliminated the installer dialog message that warned you might
need to reboot your system. This was only true on older versions
of Windows 98, and prevented an unattended install. For the record,
an unattended install can be performed using the following command
line arguments to the installer:
2004-07-21 12:48 curt
Changed the layout of the Windows registry entries.
Minor fixes in preparation for 182-14
Built from Ruby 1.8.2 stable snapshot date 2004-06-29
Fixed Bug #643 - fixed a typo in a registry entry.
Upgraded Expat to version 1.95.7
Upgraded Ruby-odbc to version 0.993
Upgraded DBI to 0.23
Upgraded FXRuby to version 1.0.29
2004-05-04 22:17 curt
Log4R, as distributed in Ruby 1.8.1 had a known error that prevented
it from being used in even simple cases (reported as bug #552). A fix
had been posted to ruby-talk:
I applied this fix and added it to our 181 patch.
2004-04-30 23:55 curt
- Created a Patch-181 directory that contains the ri database and
win32ole patches for this release. These patch files must be manually
to the “stable” directory after the build, and before running
2004-04-30 23:50 curt
- Pulled the win32ole out of 181-10 as a tempoary workaround to
win32ole being broken in the official 1.8.1 release.
2004-04-25 23:35 curt
Hand generated the ri database from a post 1.8.1 Ruby snapshot
(because ri in the Ruby 1.8.1 release tarball was broken).
Fixed the bad paths in the *.bat files in ruby\bin.
2004-04-01 22:52 curt
- I had to back out my 2004-03-30 change where I removed the installer
directory. It containsn ruby_env.exe which must be executed to set
enviroment vars (some day I want to get rid of this program because
we should be able to do this from the NSIS script).
2004-03-31 23:00 curt
- Upgraded SciTE to the latest version (1.59), which includes support
for YAML highlighting and Tools menu commands for Ruby syntax
code profiling, and irb.
2004-03-30 23:00 curt
The Ruby Installer included and installed a copy of the ruby installer
NSIS script and some (but not all) of the resources needed to build
the installer. I removed this because it didn’t server any purpose
(it was incomplete and people can get the ruby installer off of
rubyforge if they ant it).
Fix the problem where “irb.bat”, “erb.bat” and “rdoc.bat” had the
wrong path in them.
2004-03-29 22:34 curt
I created the file …\installer\ChangeLog.txt (this file) to log
all changes made to the Ruby Installer. Many of these changes are
relevant only to those of us who are working on the installer.
Changes the are relevant to the end-user of the Ruby Installer
should be copied to …\installer\stable\ReleaseNotes notice that
there is no “.txt” extension). The content of this file is copied
to ReleaseNotes.txt during the build.
You can now specify a proxy server to be used for the downloads by
setting the environment variable “http_proxy”, like this:
You skip building the RI Database by setting this environment
Buiding the RI Database is very time consuming, and temporarily
this can be used to speed up the edit-build-debug cycle.
I renamed the README file to ReadMe.txt for make it easier to edit
this file on windows (this is a windows installer, you know!
2004-03-28 18:50 curt
- The build process is now completely free of cygwin ans the NSIS
install script has been updated to work properly with NSIS 2.0 final.