Originally, this was planned to be the final 1.8.4 release of the
Ruby Installer for Windows. However, there were enough package upgrades
this release to warrant one more release candidate to make sure there
any show stoppers. If none are found, then you can expect the final
this coming weekend. You can download this release (and its MD5
The two biggest changes in this release are:
The core Ruby interpreter was built from the source of CVS HEAD as of
2006-04-14. This contains many bug fixes since 1.8.4’s original release
2005-12-25. In particular, many of the YAML bugs were fixed.
RubyGems has been updated to the recently released 0.9.0.
Other changes in this release include:
- Included all Win32-Util packages that are available as RubyGems.
- All sample programs now reside under the “samples” directory.
- Updated FreeRIDE to 0.9.6
- Upgrade FXRuby to 1.6.0
- Added option for European keyboard to properly map certain input
characters in IRB.
- Uninstaller now informs you that the entire installation dir will be
deleted and gives you the option to abort.
- Log4r is now installed via RubyGems