Ocra build error

I’m confused by this, I can’t see any reason for Ocra to fail in
building a one-line script.
I’ve tried disabling all antiviral and active-scan related programs and
reinstalling Ocra to no avail.
The error message really doesn’t give me anything to go on as far as I
can see.

Script content:
puts ‘Hi’

Ocra build result:


ruby 1.9.3p327 (2012-11-10) [i386-mingw32]
C:\Users\Centrex\Desktop>ocra C:\Users\Centrex\Desktop\test.rb
=== Loading script to check dependencies
Hi
C:/Ruby193/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/ocra-1.3.0/bin/ocra:467: Use
RbConfig instead of obsolete and deprecated Config.
=== Including 52 encoding support files (2831360 bytes, use --no-enc to
exclude)

=== Building test.exe
=== Adding user-supplied source files
=== Adding ruby executable ruby.exe
=== Adding detected DLL C:/Ruby193/bin/libyaml-0-2.dll
=== Adding detected DLL C:/Ruby193/bin/zlib1.dll
=== Adding detected DLL C:/Ruby193/bin/libffi-6.dll
=== Adding library files
=== Compressing 6529206 bytes
C:/Ruby193/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/ocra-1.3.0/bin/ocra:1003:in block in initialize': unhandled exception from C:/Ruby193/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/ocra-1.3.0/bin/ocra:983:inopen’
from
C:/Ruby193/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/ocra-1.3.0/bin/ocra:983:in
initialize' from C:/Ruby193/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/ocra-1.3.0/bin/ocra:822:innew’
from
C:/Ruby193/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/ocra-1.3.0/bin/ocra:822:in
build_exe' from C:/Ruby193/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/ocra-1.3.0/bin/ocra:1138:inblock
in <top (required)>’


I’ve just completely rebuilt the laptop (fresh install of windows) and
reinstalled Ruby with Ocra, it still gives the same error! Wtf??

This is the line causing the exception:

system(""#{Ocra.lzmapath}" e tmpin tmpout 2>NUL") or fail

I have no idea what it’s doing.

Am Sat, 1 Dec 2012 20:11:44 +0900
schrieb Joel P. [email protected]:

This is the line causing the exception:

system(""#{Ocra.lzmapath}" e tmpin tmpout 2>NUL") or fail

This looks as if it invokes the external compression program for LZMA,
which it probably can’t find. Try to build your executable with
–disable-lzma. Note however this disables OCRA’s compression
facilities and you most likely will end up with a quite large
executable.

You could also file an issue at https://github.com/larsch/ocra/issues
or join the Google group at http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-ocra .
You’re more likely to get more specific help over there.

Vale,
Marvin


Blog: http://pegasus-alpha.eu/blog

ASCII-Ribbon-Kampagne () | ASCII Ribbon Campaign ()

–no-lzma works! That gets me back up and running short-term and gives
me a direction to start looking in. Thank you so much!

Aha, I’ve cracked it. I previously redirected the command prompt to my
most commonly used path via a registry entry called Autorun. Since
that’s worked on every other computer I’ve used without a hitch I didn’t
even think of it until I noticed Ocra’s pathing code. That must have
been affecting the build process because now that I’ve disabled that key
value, everything works fine.
I guess the moral is: Playing with the registry may have unforeseen
consequences!

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs