Number_to_currency not working since 2.1.1

Back in 2.1.1 everything was sweet:

Loading development environment (Rails 2.3.3)

include ActionView::Helpers::NumberHelper
=> Object

number_to_currency(12.3)
“$12.30”

Then I upgraded to 2.3.2 and:

Loading development environment (Rails 2.3.3)

include ActionView::Helpers::NumberHelper
=> Object

number_to_currency(12.3)
12.3

Woops! Lets try to be more explicit

number_to_currency(12.3, :unit => “€”)
12.3

Well that didnt work either, lets try upgrading to the latest version
of Rails

Loading development environment (Rails 2.3.3)

include ActionView::Helpers::NumberHelper
=> Object

number_to_currency(12.3)
12.3

Pretty weird stuff - one of my coworkers has the same problem on his
setup.

Can anyone reproduce this bug?

On 24 Jul 2009, at 12:41, Conrad T. wrote:

I tried the above and here’s my transcript:

Loading development environment (Rails 2.3.3)

include ActionView::Helpers::NumberHelper
=> Object

number_to_currency(12.3)
=> “$12.30”

What platform are you using to execute the above?

Are you sure you don’t use any old localization plugin or piece of
code that overwrites the default?

Best regards

Peter De Berdt

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 3:26 AM, pimpmaster [email protected]
wrote:

setup.

Can anyone reproduce this bug?

I tried the above and here’s my transcript:

Loading development environment (Rails 2.3.3)

include ActionView::Helpers::NumberHelper
=> Object

number_to_currency(12.3)
=> “$12.30”

What platform are you using to execute the above?

-Conrad

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 4:32 AM, Peter De Berdt
[email protected]wrote:

setup.
=> “$12.30”

Peter De Berdt

I’m sure because this project doesn’t use any plugins. You might want
to
check project configuration.

-Conrad

On 24 Jul 2009, at 13:36, Conrad T. wrote:

Are you sure you don’t use any old localization plugin or piece of
code that overwrites the default?

Best regards

Peter De Berdt

I’m sure because this project doesn’t use any plugins. You might
want to check project configuration.

Hehehe Conrad, I was actually addressing the plugin question to the
original poster :slight_smile:

Best regards

Peter De Berdt

I’m using Rails I18n, which seems to be the problem

I cant figure out why its not working though, my en.yml faile looks
legit:

number:
format:
precision: 2
separator: ‘,’
delimiter: ‘.’
currency:
format:
unit: ‘€’
format: ‘%n%u’
separator:
delimiter:
precision:
percentage:
format:
delimiter: “”
precision:
format:
delimiter: “”
human:
format:
delimiter: “”
precision: 1
storage_units:
# Storage units output formatting.
# %u is the storage unit, %n is the number (default: 2 MB)
format: “%n %u”
units:
byte:
one: “Byte”
other: “Bytes”
kb: “KB”
mb: “MB”
gb: “GB”
tb: “TB”

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 4:41 AM, Peter De Berdt
[email protected]wrote:

setup.
=> “$12.30”
Peter De Berdt
Best regards

Peter De Berdt

Peter, sorry about that.

-Conrad

So it turns out the the technical problem is that I am a numbnuts :confused:

There was another number: specificied in the yaml file that was
overriding the defaults

DUH! smacks self in forehead

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs