Notify master process

hi all

does anybody know if it is possible to execute code in the master
process of a running nginx by writing an nginx module. what i want to do
is to somehow notify the master process from a worker proces (e.g. by
changing some state in shared memory) and then execute code with the
master process’ user.

actually what i want to do is to force a config reload, so i have to
signal the master, but the worker does not have the permission to do so.

thanks in advance, bernd

Posted at Nginx Forum:

Rather than hacking the source or writing a module in my opinion its
better
to approach it from different side. For example to use inotify to
monitor
the config changes and to the ‘nginx -s reload’ on system level rather
inside the webserver itself.
Eg get inotify-tools ( http://inotify-tools.sourceforge.net/ ) (should
be
more or less in all distros) and use inotifywatch on the nginx.conf .

rr