I’ve been doing lots of research about different languages and
frameworks for a project I’m planning. Your help in deciding what to do
would be of great assistance.
I used to program in highschool for a couple years. I haven’t done much
since then and I know i’m pretty useless as a programmer. I know that
if i put my head to it, I could muddle my way through.
You see, I would like to create a site where I could create a top 100
list(of what? trade secret!).
- users are able to vote on their favorite items
- votes are dynamically entered into the database
- users are only capable of voting for items once(and not able to skew
- I can sort and display different groups like biggest gainers etc…
- users can add items to the list so i don’t have to do all the work
- duplicate item entries are prevented
advanced features(to be added later):
- personal user reviews on individual pages
- users can track ownership of items on personal pages that keep track
of their reviews
is ruby/rails the best way to develop my site and is it going to grow
with my skills and ambitions for the site. the site is a labor of love
and i don’t want to choose the wrong language and framework.
So. what i need to know is this:
a: is this the right framework? and if not, which one?
b: what would be your plan of attack for this project? and where are the
best resources to learn?
ps. please please please help me!