NoMethodError (Blog:Class) error in production log

This error keeps cropping up in my production log. I don’t know if
it’s contributing to any flakyness. Anybody any clues?

NoMethodError (undefined method default' for Blog:Class): /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.13.2/lib/ active_record/base.rb:991:inmethod_missing’
/app/controllers/application.rb:33:in get_the_blog_object' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/ action_controller/filters.rb:354:insend’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/
action_controller/filters.rb:354:in call_filters' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/ action_controller/filters.rb:350:ineach’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/
action_controller/filters.rb:350:in call_filters' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/ action_controller/filters.rb:339:inbefore_action’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/
action_controller/filters.rb:331:in perform_action_without_benchmark' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/ action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:inperform_action_without_rescue’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/
action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:in measure' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/ action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:inperform_action_without_rescue’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/
action_controller/rescue.rb:82:in perform_action' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/ action_controller/base.rb:369:insend’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/
action_controller/base.rb:369:in
process_without_session_management_support' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/ action_controller/session_management.rb:116:inprocess’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/dispatcher.rb:38:in
dispatch' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/fcgi_handler.rb: 141:inprocess_request’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:
53:in process!' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/fcgi_handler.rb: 52:ineach_cgi’
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:597:in each' /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:597:ineach_cgi’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:
52:in process!' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/fcgi_handler.rb: 22:inprocess!’
dispatch.fcgi:34

Cheers

Gary S. [email protected] writes:

This error keeps cropping up in my production log. I don’t know if
it’s contributing to any flakyness. Anybody any clues?

Production? Weird. When we’ve had problems with missing methods on a
class before it’s been because the class didn’t get reloaded properly,
which obviously isn’t the case here. Er…

On 3 Apr 2006, at 16:07, Piers C. wrote:

Gary S. [email protected] writes:

This error keeps cropping up in my production log. I don’t know if
it’s contributing to any flakyness. Anybody any clues?

Production? Weird. When we’ve had problems with missing methods on a
class before it’s been because the class didn’t get reloaded properly,
which obviously isn’t the case here. Er…

My thought exactly … the ‘Er’ that is :slight_smile:

I’ve put some measures back into dispatch.fcgi which seems to be
restarting everything more quickly than was the case this weekend.
No long periods of downtime - and to be honest I’m tip-toeing around
the bloody thing now It’s had a couple of Rails errors this
afternoon, but it’s come back up pretty quickly. I can handle brief
periods of downtime until somebody goes '“Tch, you just have to …”

My gravitar doesn’t seem to be working, but the interesting thing is if
you check this page on my site:
http://fak3r.com/articles/2005/11/15/howto-install-roundcube-webmail-from-cvs-on-freebsd

The second poster has a gravatar that worked; the code looks like this:
Avatar

but if you scroll down to any of my posts, the gravatar doesn’t work;
code looks like this:
Avatar

I assumed it was just me, but when if cut/paste the link outta that
code:
http://www.gravatar.com/avatar.php?gravatar_id=086f1cab5625f03d3a04342359757fea&size=60

You can see a curious Dexter as you’d expect. Weird, now the gravatar
support isn’t crucial for me, but I thought it was strange that his
worked, yet mine didn’t. Searching the Bugs didn’t reveal anything
relevant.

Thanks

P

http://fak3r.com - you dont have to kick it

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 20:15, Kevin B. wrote:

Well that’s odd. The first post is supposed to have a gravatar too. I Â
copied & pasted its gravatar into the URL bar and it showed up fine. Â
Then I changed the “&” into a “&” (since that’s what Safari would Â
do) and the gravatar simply stopped loading! The only thing I can Â
think of that would cause that is for Gravatar itself to be kinda Â
screwed up.

FWIW, I just tried the link in question from Konqueror, and neither
worked.
Take off the “&size=60” entirely, then it works.

It’s almost like Gravatar itself is broken.

TX

Well that’s odd. The first post is supposed to have a gravatar too. I
copied & pasted its gravatar into the URL bar and it showed up fine.
Then I changed the “&” into a “&” (since that’s what Safari would
do) and the gravatar simply stopped loading! The only thing I can
think of that would cause that is for Gravatar itself to be kinda
screwed up.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs