"no such file to load -- my_extensions (MissingSourceFile)"

I have a Rails application runnng on one machien quite happily, using
Ruby 1.9.1-p243 and Rails 2.3.3. I copied the app and config folders to
another machine, on which I’m also running 1.9.1-p243, but via RVM.
Whenever I try to launch the Rails application (‘server’, ‘runner’,
‘console’) I get the error message “no such file to load –
my_extensions (MissingSourceFile)”.

Based on one googled suggestion I created a nearly empty file,
$ROOT/config/initializers/my_extensions.rb
but this did not help. I’m also wondering if I need to create a
‘wrapper’ as I’ve seen this mentioned int he contect of using Rails and
RVM - but I can’t see what I would need to do for, say, ‘ruuner’. All
advice gratefully received.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Toby R. [email protected]
wrote:

‘wrapper’ as I’ve seen this mentioned int he contect of using Rails and
RVM - but I can’t see what I would need to do for, say, ‘ruuner’. All
advice gratefully received.

So, really no idea what’s going on here, but it sounds like there’s a
library of my_extensions.rb someplace that maybe didn’t get copied over,
or
wasn’t bundled correctly? Look through the Gemfile, the Gemfile.lock,
the
old installation, etc. Sorry if you’ve already gone over all that, I
just
am taking a shot in the dark.

On 21 December 2013 00:48, Toby R. [email protected] wrote:

I have a Rails application runnng on one machien quite happily, using
Ruby 1.9.1-p243 and Rails 2.3.3. I copied the app and config folders to
another machine, on which I’m also running 1.9.1-p243, but via RVM.
Whenever I try to launch the Rails application (‘server’, ‘runner’,
‘console’) I get the error message “no such file to load –
my_extensions (MissingSourceFile)”.

Post the full error including the stack trace if there is one. First
have a good look at it though to see if it tells you where it is being
included from. Also do a full text search on the original machine
looking for ‘my_extensions’ and ‘MyExtensions’ and do a file search
for my_extensions.rb

Colin

Many thanks to you both - indeed, I was being a muppet, and it’s exactly
as you suspected, namely I’d forgotten to copy across a file. Grep’ing
for the file name helped me track it down. Thanks again and Merry
Christmas!

On Sunday, 22 December 2013 14:18:40 UTC-5, Ruby-Forum.com User wrote:

Many thanks to you both - indeed, I was being a muppet, and it’s exactly
as you suspected, namely I’d forgotten to copy across a file. Grep’ing
for the file name helped me track it down. Thanks again and Merry
Christmas!

FWIW, do yourself a favor and pick a source control system. Deploying
apps
by copying files WILL bite you (scratch that, HAS bitten you) in
unexpected
ways.

–Matt J.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs