(no subject)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: chanix [email protected]
To: Cliff W. [email protected]
Subject: question about bandwidth limit
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 10:36:09 +0800 (CST)

Hi :slight_smile: thank you for reading.

I use nginx build my download server, Now I have a question about
bandwidth limit.

I run nginx on my download server (8G RAM + 250G SATA + IntelE4500), and
it’s good, max outbound is 704M bits/sec. Now I need to limit it to 500M
bits/sec at server level, so I edit my nginx.conf as below:

http {

limit_zone dlconn $binary_remote_addr 10m;
server {

# bytes/sec
set $limit_rate 10m;
limit_conn dlconn 5;
limit_rate 25k;

}

limit_conn, limit_rate works, but set $limit_rate 10m; doesn’t. I tried
0.5.26 and 0.6.29.

Is anything worng? what & how should I do?

$limit_rate sets per connection limit.
http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpCoreModule#limit_rate

If you want to cap total traffic, use traffic shaping facilities
provided by
the OS (or the router).