I’m pleased to announce that Nihongo Benkyo 0.3 has finally been
- Support for Windows, in addition to Linux.
- View further details about a result.
- Kanji dictionary.
- History and go back/forward buttons.
- nihongobenkyo-import becomes an (optional) ruby extension.
- Some bugs fixed.
- Translations updated.
What is Nihongo Benkyo ?
Nihongo Benkyo is a Japanese dictionary and learning tool for Linux and
Windows. Its goal is to provide a comprehensive application that will
help you learn Japanese. It is free software, covered by the GNU
General Public License and provided without any warranty of any kind.
- Is available for Windows, Linux and other Unix operating systems.
- Imports JMDict, a word dictionary with a lot of interesting
- Imports JMnedict, a proper name dictionary.
- Imports EDICT, a format in which you can find many specialized
dictionaries (science, computing, etc).
- Imports Kanjidic2, a kanji dictionary with over 10,000 entries.
- Finds words from Japanese (kanji, kana, romaji) or from a
- Lists results in a table for quick overview.
- Shows further details about a selected result (part of speech,
similar words, dialect…).
- Scans selection from other applications.
- Keeps an history of searched words so you can go back and go
- Has its interface translated into bulgarian, english, french,
japanese and spanish.
Download area: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=599
Mailing List: http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/nihongobenkyo-list