I am using “ngx_http_limit_req” module. After going through the code I
that if “burst = 0” (i.e. not specified) then maximum rate limiting that
be offered is 1000 RPS only. I have seen this in my stress test too.
I didn’t see this in any documentation. Want to clarify if this is
true or I missed something?
- Module expects uniform request arrival. Any request that breaks the
uniformity, will get rate limited.
- Configured rate = 1000r/s. This means 1 request-per-ms.
- If more than 1 request is received in same “ms” time, then only 1
is served. All other requests are rate limited.
- For above configuration, if “burst=X” is configured, then “X” number
requests are served while requests more than that will get rate limited.
- If Configured rate = 2000r/s (i.e. 2 request-per-ms). If “burst=0”
not specified), then too it supports only 1-request-per-ms rate. If 3
requests are received in same “ms” then only 1 is served and other 2 are
Posted at Nginx Forum: