NginxHttpSecureLinkModule

Hey,

Is there a way where you can re-write and allow the secure link to
function for “/” ? I know the module states that it must not be /
however, there has to be around this or better questions, why must
this only be implemented on a non root path?

Thanks in advance

I just translated this a couple days ago. I wasn’t completely sure
that’s what the Russian documentation meant. You could just try it and
see if it works.

Burke

Sorry, this is assuming, of course, that you’re referring to the
English documentation on wiki.nginx.org. Can anyone confirm my
translation? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks,

Burke

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Burke L. [email protected]
wrote:

I just translated this a couple days ago. I wasn’t completely sure

function for “/” ? I know the module states that it must not be /

Hey,

Yep, I saw the info on the ENG wiki page…
Thanks,

2009/5/4 Igor S. [email protected]:

Burke

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Payam C. [email protected] wrote:

Payam Tarverdyan Chychi


Igor S.
http://sysoev.ru/en/

Is there any more information on this module at all? I cant seen to
find much doc on it. I tried it out but it simply re-directs me to a
403… not too sure exactly on where the user gets a chance to injet
the “secret_password” into the request to allow nginx to compare and
allow/dey

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 05:33:13PM -0500, Burke L. wrote:

Sorry, this is assuming, of course, that you’re referring to the
English documentation on wiki.nginx.org. Can anyone confirm my
translation? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you, it seems OK for me.

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 10:43:24PM -0700, Payam C. wrote:

403… not too sure exactly on where the user gets a chance to injet
the “secret_password” into the request to allow nginx to compare and
allow/dey

No, this module is not intended to enter password. This module is to
ensure that requested link is valid. It may be used in at least in two
cases:

  1. your.site.com/click?=some.other.site.com
  2. your.site.com/proxy/some.other.site.com

Without the module anyone may use

  1. your.site.com/click?=some.bad.site.com
  2. your.site.com/proxy/some.bad.site.com

The module ensure that these links

  1. your.site.com/click/md5-hash/some.other.site.com
  2. your.site.com/proxy/md5-hash/some.other.site.com

are valid ones.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs