Nginx seems to proxy only http GET

Hi,

I’m using nginx to offload https to http. That works well but in my
backend only GET Requests seem to get through. For all POST, PUT and
DELETE I only receive a Status 400 with conten “HTTP method POST is not
supported by this URL”.

Has anybody experienced this before?

Thanks

Matthias

On 27 January 2014 17:24, Matthias Richter

I’m using nginx to offload https to http. That works well but in my
backend only GET Requests seem to get through. For all POST, PUT and
DELETE I only receive a Status 400 with conten “HTTP method POST is not
supported by this URL”.

That’s your backend telling you that, not nginx.

that is strange because I cannot see any requests in the backend log
file. curl requests from command line pop up there though.

so curl -X(DELETE|PUT|POST) localhost:8080/api does show requests in the
logs,
nginx passing them through does not?

Thanks,

Matthias

On 27 January 2014 17:24, Matthias Richter

I’m using nginx to offload https to http. That works well but in my
backend only GET Requests seem to get through. For all POST, PUT and
DELETE I only receive a Status 400 with conten “HTTP method POST is not
supported by this URL”.

That’s your backend telling you that, not nginx.

nginx mailing list

I was able to sort it out. My config was missing proxy_http_version 1.1;
.

Hello!

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 09:08:30AM +0000, Matthias Richter wrote:

I was able to sort it out. My config was missing proxy_http_version 1.1; .

The HTTP/1.1 isn’t required for nginx to proxy POST and other
methods. On the other hand, it’s likely that your backend
requires HTTP/1.1 to handle non-GET requests for some reason, and
with “proxy_http_version 1.1” your backend is now happy.

Maxim D.
http://nginx.org/