From: “Leo P.” [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:50 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [ANN] Nginx HTTP Push Module v0.69

Take a look at http://pushmodule.slact.net . You would have Java send
HTTP requests to urls of your choosing to interact with the server –
both to publish messages and subscribe to communication channels. If you
want any sort of moderation functionality, you will want to keep the
publisher locations visible only to your application and have clients
send messages through your application (which will implement your
desired moderation logic)

  • Leo

Or the module could send messages via a sub-request to an URL that is
associated with my monitoring application and dispatch the message
according
to the result of the sub-request. It would make a good mechanism to hook
up
an interceptor it seems.