Nginx ESI Module

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has done any work on a nginx ESI plugin?

Kingsley

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 04:02:32PM +1030, Kingsley F. wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has done any work on a nginx ESI plugin?

WTF ESI? Could you provide more information.

Sergey A. Osokin

Edge side includes. Used so you can cache part of a page even when some
small part of the page is not cachable.

On Feb 17, 2010 10:38 PM, “Sergey A. Osokin” [email protected] wrote:

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 04:02:32PM +1030, Kingsley F. wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has …
WTF ESI? Could you provide more information.

Sergey A. Osokin

Hi Sergey,

WTF ESI? Could you provide more information.

ESI stands for Edge Side Includes (think of it as SSI for CDNs or
enterprise
SSI).

Specification was created mostly by Akamai.

Best regards,
Piotr S. < [email protected] >

Found this

just out of curiosity what is number #1 and #2 :slight_smile:

Kingsley

Hello Kingsley,

Just wondering if anyone has done any work on a nginx ESI plugin?

Actually, I was looking into specification few days ago because I wanted
make one (only ESI language and basic invalidator, not full spec). But
for
now, this is on my TODO list as a one of the “cool projects to make”
(and
it’s ranked #3), so don’t expect to see it anytime soon, because neither
nor any of my clients really need it at the moment.

As far as I know, there isn’t any ESI implementation for nginx.

Best regards,
Piotr S. < [email protected] >

Yeah, that is my project. Not too active. For a working implementation
recommend mongrel-esi.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 6:47 AM, Kingsley F.
<[email protected]

Hi Kingsley,

Found this

GitHub - taf2/nginx-esi: ESI nginx module

Duh, it seems like I didn’t do my homework. Thanks!

just out of curiosity what is number #1 and #2 :slight_smile:

#1 is ngx_postgres, which should be out in a couple of days,
#2 is front-end / router for distributed file system, which name, for
various reasons, I won’t mention at the moment (but it isn’t MogileFS
nor
GridFS).

Best regards,
Piotr S. < [email protected] >

Have you got a working example by any chance?

Kingsley