Nginx-0.7.7

Changes with nginx 0.7.7 30 Jul
2008

*) Change: now the EAGAIN error returned by connect() is not 

considered
as temporary error.

*) Change: now the $ssl_client_cert variable value is a certificate
   with TAB character intended before each line except first one; an
   unchanged certificate is available in the $ssl_client_raw_cert
   variable.

*) Feature: the "ask" parameter in the "ssl_verify_client" 

directive.

*) Feature: byte-range processing improvements.
   Thanks to Maxim D..

*) Feature: the "directio" directive.

*) Feature: MacOSX 10.5 sendfile() support.

*) Bugfix: now in MacOSX and Cygwin locations are tested in case
   insensitive mode; however, the compare is provided by single-byte
   locales only.

*) Bugfix: mail proxy SSL connections hanged, if select, poll, or
   /dev/poll methods were used.

*) Bugfix: UTF-8 encoding usage in the ngx_http_autoindex_module.

What is this “directio” directive? I didn’t find anything searching
the list archive.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 02:34:15PM -0400, Jon S. wrote:

What is this “directio” directive? I didn’t find anything searching
the list archive.

directio [off|size]
http/server/location level
default off

The directive enables O_DIRECT or F_NOCACHE (Mac OS X) options for
files open for reading if their size is bigger than specified in
directive.

Example:

 directio  4m;
 sendfile  off;

Why would one use directio vs sendfile? Why would/should they be
mutually exclusive?

–J

Igor S. wrote:

directio [off|size]
http/server/location level
default off

The directive enables O_DIRECT or F_NOCACHE (Mac OS X) options for
files open for reading if their size is bigger than specified in
directive.

Example:

 directio  4m;
 sendfile  off;

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 05:59:02PM +0200, Joe Bofh wrote:

Why would one use directio vs sendfile? Why would/should they be
mutually exclusive?

The main sendfile advantage is that it uses pages of cached files.
directio disables file caching. This example should be corrected as

  sendfile  on;
  directio  4m;

Then files up to 4M would have good chances to be cached in VM.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs