Nginx-0.7.36

Changes with nginx 0.7.36 21 Feb
2009

*) Feature: a preliminary IPv6 support; the "listen" directive of

the
HTTP module supports IPv6.

*) Bugfix: the $ancient_browser variable did not work for browsers
   preset by a "modern_browser" directives.

Usage:

./configure --with-ipv6 …

http {

server {
    listen  *:8000;         # ipv4
    listen  [::]:8000;      # ipv6
    listen  [fe80::1];      # ipv6

Have you any plans (or even a time-span) to fully support IPv6?

Do you have any documentation about writing modules for nginx?
I was planning to write a more detailed documentation on module
development
then the one from Evan M., since I just written a module for my work
(and customized the memcached module) and encountered it was missing
much
information, although it was very helpfull.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 10:54:16AM +0100, Paul van der Linden wrote:

Have you any plans (or even a time-span) to fully support IPv6?

Yes, of course. The “listen” part was the most complex one: I had to
refactor the old 2003 year code. Other parts are easy. However, I’m not
plan
to add IPv6 support in geo module in near future.

Do you have any documentation about writing modules for nginx?
I was planning to write a more detailed documentation on module development
then the one from Evan M., since I just written a module for my work
(and customized the memcached module) and encountered it was missing much
information, although it was very helpfull.

No. As far as I know, there are third-party documentations:
English one by Evan M. and two Russian:
http://www.grid.net.ru/nginx/nginx-modules.html
http://catap.ru/blog/tag/nginx%20programming%20guide/

Thanks igor, I can finally get rid of apache for good once ipv6 is
running.
I might have a play.

Kingsley