Newbie Question - Ruby terminal emulator for windows

I am new to ruby and rails, and am using the windows “cmd” terminal
emulator.
It is all black and white. I like the colored terminal I see in peepcode
videos and the like.

Are there any terminal emulators for vista that will give me those type
of
colored results?

Alternatively, and preferably, is there a terminal emulator for RadRails
yet? After 2 hours of searching, I have learned a ton of stuff, but
don’t
have a good windows terminal emulator yet.

Help!

Mark

http://www.nabble.com/Newbie-Question---Ruby-terminal-emulator-for-windows-tp19804822p19804822.html
Sent from the RubyOnRails Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

I’d like to know the answer to this myself, but until you get an
authoritative answer–have you tried the cygwin bash prompt? That
probably responds to the ANSI color escapes that you need to do color
right (tho I confess a quick ‘script/console’ on my XP machine here did
not make w/the colors :frowning:

I believe ms’ powershell has facilities for coloring output, but doesn’t
(shocker!) use the ANSI escapes…

HTH,

-Roy

I am new to ruby and rails, and am using the windows “cmd” terminal
emulator. It is all black and white. I like the colored terminal I see
in peepcode videos and the like. Are there any terminal emulators for
vista that will give me those type of colored results? Alternatively,
and preferably, is there a terminal emulator for RadRails yet? After 2
hours of searching, I have learned a ton of stuff, but don’t have a good
windows terminal emulator yet. Help! Mark

for
windowshttp://www.nabble.com/Newbie-Question---Ruby-terminal-emulator-for-windows-tp19804822p19804822.html
Sent from the RubyOnRails Users mailing list
archivehttp://www.nabble.com/RubyOnRails-Users-f13831.html at
Nabble.com.