Newbie question on activerecord


#1

I am an new to Rails. I created a simple web app called test and
database called test with ‘People’ table. Then I did scaffold of
Person and everything is fine. I was able to go to the index page and
from there I was able to create a new person. After creating it went
back to index and from there I clicked the ‘edit’ and I got
activerecord::recordnotfound
I didn’t make any changes to the default code generated for me.

Could someone tell me what could be wrong?

Thanks.


#2

take a look at the edit method in your controller, it should look
something like:

Person.find(params[:id])

make sure that params[:id] is not empty, since find will raise a
recordnotfound exception if it can’t return any records (you can use
find_by_id to avoid raising an exception in the event of no matching
records found, although usually you’ll want to make sure you handle
either case programmatically).

Mike


#3

On Jun 7, 10:36 am, “Mike G.” removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

Person and everything is fine. I was able to go to the index page and
from there I was able to create a new person. After creating it went
back to index and from there I clicked the ‘edit’ and I got
activerecord::recordnotfound
I didn’t make any changes to the default code generated for me.

Could someone tell me what could be wrong?

Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

  • Show quoted text -

Thanks and yes the code is correct and as I said before I didn’t touch
the code at all. I was just trying to see how the scaffold works so I
didn’t change anything on the code.


#4

On Jun 7, 10:50 am, DBC User removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

I am an new to Rails. I created a simple web app called test and

  • Show quoted text -

Thanks and yes the code is correct and as I said before I didn’t touch
the code at all. I was just trying to see how the scaffold works so I
didn’t change anything on the code.- Hide quoted text -

  • Show quoted text -

Found the problem. In my table the primary key had a different name
then id. When I change the primary key of the table to id everything
worked.