Newbe question link_to_unless_current

Rails newbe here:

Using link_to_unless_current and on my website it displays the the menu
item and its entire path in () …

example:
home (/)
about (/welcome/about)
register (/users/register) … and so on.

In my application_helper:

Methods added to this helper will be available to all templates in the

application.
module ApplicationHelper

end

def nav_link(text, controller, action = “index”)
link_to_unless_current text , {:controller => controller, :action =>
action}
end

in my views/layout/application.html.erb



<%= nav_link “Home”, “welcome” %>
<%= nav_link “About”, “welcome”, “about” %>
<%= nav_link "Profile", "welcome", "profile" %>
<%= nav_link "Contact", "welcome", "contact" %>

routes file has:

You can have the root of your site routed with map.root – just

remember to delete public/index.html.
map.root :controller => “welcome” … standard stuff … right?

so why the path in in the link?

any help would be great. thanks

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Don K. [email protected]
wrote:

action}

<%= nav_link “Contact”, “welcome”, “contact” %>
any help would be great. thanks

Hi, couldn’t use the helper, link_to_unless_current, directly within the
application layout?

-Conrad

On 3 April 2010 23:51, Don K. [email protected] wrote:

Rails newbe here:

Using link_to_unless_current and on my website it displays the the menu
item and its entire path in () …

example:
home (/)
about (/welcome/about)
register (/users/register) … and so on.

Are you sure you have not got some sort of debug or plugin enabled
that is adding this? I seem to remember a similar issue a little time
ago that turned out to be such an issue.

Colin

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Don K. [email protected]
wrote:

register (/users/register) … and so on.
6.8

Can you tried things without an IDE?

-Conrad

Colin L. wrote:

On 3 April 2010 23:51, Don K. [email protected] wrote:

Rails newbe here:

Using link_to_unless_current and on my website it displays the the menu
item and its entire path in () …

example:
home (/)
about (/welcome/about)
register (/users/register) … and so on.

Are you sure you have not got some sort of debug or plugin enabled
that is adding this? I seem to remember a similar issue a little time
ago that turned out to be such an issue.

Colin

I’ve tried running in production mode …also with different browsers to
insure I wasn’t running some sort of debug mode Ive also looked through
the IDE to see if there is some type of settings … Im using netbeans
6.8

Can you tried things without an IDE?

one of the first things I tried

I’m using the bluebprint css plugin which I’ve used before without
issue. I’ve looked through the css’s and actually don’t find any
reference to the <a href …> tag.

Don K. wrote:

Can you tried things without an IDE?

one of the first things I tried

I’m using the bluebprint css plugin which I’ve used before without
issue. I’ve looked through the css’s and actually don’t find any
reference to the <a href …> tag.

I spoke to soon …

blueprint css has three style sheets printing, screen and windows
explorer (because MS is special or something…) anyway…

in the print css I found:


a:link:after, a:visited:after {content:" (" attr(href)
“)”;font-size:90%;}


I commented out the print css and Im golden now.

Thanks for your help.