New to IronRuby but not Ruby

Hey all,

I am not new to ruby or c# but am quite new to compiler/interpreter
design,
and am looking for a basic walk through of the hierarchy of the project
architecture.
Oh and while you are at it whats with all the /!/ all over the code,
preprocessor directive?

Your time is much appreciated, I look forward to loving my code again
and
implementing my favorite ruby idioms on my day job platform.

If you have got plenty of time you could work your way through the
various
presentations that have been given over the last year:
http://ironruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?PodcastsAndVideos

That wiki also has some useful stuff.

By the way the /!/ means that the item it follows is never to be null.
It
is used by the MS static code analysis tools. I forget what the name of
the
tool is right now.

Pete