After more than three years of development I am excited to announce DRG
DRG CMS is alternative way of programming application for Ruby on Rails.
Instead of creating controllers and views for each collection (table)
model, DRG CMS introduces single (cmsedit) controller which uses DRG
Forms to control CRUD database operations.
DRG CMS uses Mongo DB, leading NO-SQL document database, as database
back-end with a help of mongoid gem. Mongoid’s flexible document model
defines all document fields, indexes, dependencies, validations in
single model file with no Rails migrations required.
DRG CMS can coexist with other frameworks which use Mongo DB as database
back-end. Use your favorite framework for presenting data on web and use
DRG CMS with its easy to create DRG Forms as data entry back-end.
DRG CMS can coexist with other databases and Rails controllers. I can
highly recommend using DRG CMS in heterogeneous database Intranet
projects. I am currently actively developing in-house application which
uses MongoDB as primary database and connects frequently to Oracle and
Main DRG CMS features:
- Uses MongoDB with Mongoid ODM as database back-end
- Multiple sites on single Rails instance. All sites can share design,
data, users …
files) or share layout with other sites
- Every site may have its own main data pages collection or can share
pages content with other sites
- Single (cmsedit) Rails controller, controlled by DRG Forms
- DRG Form entry fields can be extended by adding classes to
- Form generator
- Optimistic locking
- Journal with option to undo single field anywhere back in time
- Two level role based access system. First level defines users with
rights to view or modify page data (have CMS menu enabled). Second level
defines granular access for every collection.
- Integrates CK Editor as HTML editor with drg_default_html_editor gem
- Integrates elFinder file manager with drag&drop support and role based
access to file system
If you are interested, visit project home page at http://www.drgcms.org,
link and create DRG CMS web site in 15 minutes. Project source code is
hosted https://github.com/drgcms Github repository. You are welcome to
contribute to the project.