New Line

<% @likes.each do |like| %>
<%= like[‘name’] %>
<% end %>

Can some one tell me how to use puts here. so that i can get my outputs
in
a new line format.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM, Samir [email protected]
wrote:

<% @likes.each do |like| %>
<%= like[‘name’] %>
<% end %>

Can some one tell me how to use puts here. so that i can get my outputs in a
new line format.

<%= %> is puts to the template Engine (in your case ERB). If you want
it to match new lines wrap the <%= %> in

or wrap the entire
enumerator in

 which will tell it to read the new lines literally
or add
to the end of each <%= %>. Adding another puts is not
going to affect your bottom line in HTML unless you wrap it in

but the other suggestions are far better probably.

On 17 December 2012 06:56, Jordon B. [email protected] wrote:

enumerator in

 which will tell it to read the new lines literally
or add
to the end of each <%= %>. Adding another puts is not
going to affect your bottom line in HTML unless you wrap it in

but the other suggestions are far better probably.

Also you might benefit from working through some HTML tutorials. A
good knowledge of HTML is a requirement for web development, even when
using Rails.

Colin

Actually here i want to get the total numbers of likes in a facebook
post
and the users name who liked the post via some other app. Successfully i
can get the data i want. but not in a arranged manner. Here I hv added a
screenshot.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Jordon B.
[email protected]wrote:

<%= %> is puts to the template Engine (in your case ERB). If you want
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Thanks & Regards,

SAMIR KANTA DASH

Web D.
Indus Net Technologies

www.indusnet.co.uk http://www.indusnet.co.uk/ | *
[email protected]* [email protected] | *
samirkantadash_int* http://arjunghosh.int/(Skype) | +91-9681368958(O)

Rated #1 IT SME in India by Dun & Bradstreet

An ISO 9001: 2008 certified company

An ISO 27001: 2005 certified company


This message contains information that may be privileged or
confidential
and is the property of the INDUS NET TECHNOLOGIES. It is intended only
for
the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient,
you are not authorized to read, print, retain copy, disseminate,
distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all
copies of this message. INDUS NET TECHNOLOGIES does not accept any
liability for virus infected mails.



This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs