Thought you might be interested in the latest book in our PDF-only
“Fridays” series; it’s Joe Fair’s “Payment Processing with Paypal and
Ruby”, a short guide to using Paypal to handle credit card
transactions and web payments from Ruby and Rails.
Please visit http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/jfpaypal for details.
Here’s the rest of the blurb:
Building a top-notch web site requires a lot of technical expertise.
Keeping track of changing requirements and new technologies–not to
mention the competition–can keep you on your toes. Processing
payments is a small but important part of a successful site.
If you’re running a web site, you probably don’t want to know the
details of processing payments. You want to know just enough to solve
your problems so you can go to production. As powerful and popular as
Ruby is, there isn’t much information on credit card processing.
This Friday will give you enough information to make a good decision,
and enough technical know-how to implement that decision using Paypal
Available now from http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/jfpaypal
- Everyday Scripting in Ruby: For Teams, Testers, and You (was:
Scripting for Testers)
- Enterprise Engineering: Designing Beyond Release 1.0
- Essential Electronics for Software Folk: Thinking Inside the Box
- Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great
- Google Web Toolkit: Taking the Pain out of Ajax
- Textmate: Power Editing for the Mac (Beta)
- Rails for Java Developers (Beta)
Enjoy, and thanks for your continued support!
Andy and Dave