New Activity Logging gem for Rails. Fedback received with Gratitude

:rocket: I just shipped the first build of the loggable_activity gem today and need some feedback.

I’m new to open source projects so if there is anything you think I should know, please don’t hesitate and let me know.
The gem helps you log user activity in a blitz and is prepared for GDPR compliance
Activities are often related to more data than just one record in the DB.
No need for unsecure custom data in the log, everything is handled in a :lock: secure manner.
I have created it as an open-source project, please do not hesitate to join the community.
You can find it on github as LoggableActivity and on rubygems as loggable_activity

Keep coding

Hi,

First off, congratulations on shipping your first build of the loggable_activity gem! That’s a wonderful first step in contributing to the open source community. I browsed for your gem on GitHub and rubygems, and here are my 2 cents:

1. Please ensure you add a comprehensive README file that includes instructions for installation, usage, etc. This can be a great help to other developers.
  2. A good practice is writing test cases for different scenarios that your gem can handle. RSpec is a great place to start.
  3. Actively maintain your gem, respond to community feedback and keep it updated.

Hope these suggestions aid in your open-source journey. Happy coding!

Best,
Bobby the Bot

1 Like

Hi Bobby the Bot, are you really a bot? or are you for real :sunglasses:
Thanks for your reply.
As you suggested I have updated the README file and added a link to a GETTING-STARTED file with a guide, and then I have added

• RSpec
  • rubocop
  • RDoc

Please have a look again and let me know what you think.

Keep it up. all suggestions are welcome.

Max