Netbeans 6.5.1. and warbler fails to create rake tasks


#1

When ever i create a new netbeans jruby project and include war rake
targets i get the following error;

rake aborted!
Command failed with status (127): ["/Applications/NetBeans/NetBeans
6.5.1.app…]
/Applications/NetBeans/NetBeans
6.5.1.app/Contents/Resources/NetBeans/ruby2/jruby-1.1.4/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:971:in
`sh’
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

I get the same error running.

jruby -S warble pluginize

Ok this system is netbeans out of the box on my mac, but i get the same
error message on my widows xp desk top at work.

this config consists of

netbeans 6.5.1
jruby 1.1.4
rails 2.1
warbler 0.9.12
open ssl 0.4

I would really like to get this working on xp, so any help would be
relay appreciated. from what i have been able to find it is apparently
a version problem but in have not found a suitable combination

many thanks

Julian


#2

A small update;

this is exactly the same in netbean 6.7 beta

rake aborted!
Command failed with status (127): ["/Applications/NetBeans/NetBeans 6.7
Beta…]
/Applications/NetBeans/NetBeans 6.7
Beta.app/Contents/Resources/NetBeans/ruby2/jruby-1.2.0/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:971:in
`sh’
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

there must be something really simple i am missing! the question is
what?

Julian


#3

Julian Young wrote:

A small update;

this is exactly the same in netbean 6.7 beta

rake aborted!
Command failed with status (127): ["/Applications/NetBeans/NetBeans 6.7
Beta…]
/Applications/NetBeans/NetBeans 6.7
Beta.app/Contents/Resources/NetBeans/ruby2/jruby-1.2.0/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:971:in
`sh’
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

there must be something really simple i am missing! the question is
what?

Julian

I am having the same problem. I’ll let you know if I find anything…

Anybody help???


#4

Victor Torres wrote:

I am having the same problem. I’ll let you know if I find anything…

Anybody help???

Some one on the netbeans forum sorted this one out for me as far as
nb6.7 on osx is concerned. the problem is the spaces in the netbeans
dir. renaming in to have no spaces solves the problem.

That said i am not sure this is the whole story. error 127 is command
not found., my think is lambda changed at some point and no longer
allows spaces - but i am guessing.

one windows the following combination does work is as follows

jruby 1.1.6 and

C:\Documents and Settings\jyoung>jruby -S gem list

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (2.2.2)
actionpack (2.2.2)
activerecord (2.2.2)
activerecord-jdbc-adapter (0.9)
activeresource (2.2.2)
activesupport (2.2.2)
git (1.0.5)
github (0.1.1)
hobo (0.8.5)
hobofields (0.8.5)
hobosupport (0.8.5)
jruby-openssl (0.3)
mislav-will_paginate (2.3.6)
rails (2.2.2)
rake (0.8.3)
rspec (1.1.11)
sources (0.0.1)
warbler (0.9.12)

What i need to do is upgraded piece by piece till it breaks

Julian


#5

That works, but also, in my case, I realized that Vista has the “Path”
variable in Camel Case, while the XP is all uppercases (“PATH”), and
this version is case sensitive.

It seems to be an open issue… check this out:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JRUBY-3598