Net::HTTP.get_response - No Response

This was working but stopped. I’ve made no upgrades to my system.

The code is:
require ‘net/http’

URI.parse(“http://www.quibids.com/categories/1-Recently-Completed/”)
responce = Net::HTTP.get_response(url)
holder = responce.body
puts responce

The output is:
#Net::HTTPFound:0xfe8db8

Thanks
Jeff

http://www.quibids.com/ is down, at least from my location.

Michael E.
[email protected]
http://carboni.ca/

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:45:39PM +0900, Jeff B. wrote:

The output is:
#Net::HTTPFound:0xfe8db8

Has http://www.quibids.com changed?

Also . . . I’m not entirely clear on whether the output you provided is
meant to indicate what you get now that it doesn’t “work”, or what you
got before when it did “work”. Is that the expected output, or the
unexpected output you get now? If it’s expected – what do you get now?
If it’s what you get now – what did you get before?

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:25:22AM +0900, Jeff B. wrote:

It the past I received the body (or code) of the webpage, which I then
ran though my filters and then enterd the filtered data into my DB.

So . . . has quibids.com changed – or vanished?

Chad P. wrote in post #989995:

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:45:39PM +0900, Jeff B. wrote:

The output is:
#Net::HTTPFound:0xfe8db8

Has http://www.quibids.com changed?

Also . . . I’m not entirely clear on whether the output you provided is
meant to indicate what you get now that it doesn’t “work”, or what you
got before when it did “work”. Is that the expected output, or the
unexpected output you get now? If it’s expected – what do you get now?
If it’s what you get now – what did you get before?

It the past I received the body (or code) of the webpage, which I then
ran though my filters and then enterd the filtered data into my DB.

From here I get no response - looks like the site is hanging.

Eventually I get this:

HTTP/1.0 504 Gateway Time-out
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:37:22 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Connection: close
Content-Length: 1109

Bad request

HTTP Error 504: Gateway Timeout


The server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, did not receive a timely response from the upstream server it accessed in attempting to complete the request.

So basically: broken site. And one which wasn’t even properly set up in
the first place.

Jeff B. wrote in post #989974:

This was working but stopped. I’ve made no upgrades to my system.

The code is:
require ‘net/http’

URI.parse(“http://www.quibids.com/categories/1-Recently-Completed/”)
responce = Net::HTTP.get_response(url)
holder = responce.body
puts responce

The output is:
#Net::HTTPFound:0xfe8db8

That’s a redirect (302).

To test without Ruby:

telnet www.quibids.com 80
GET /categories/1-Recently-Completed/ HTTP/1.0
Host: www.quibids.com

From here I get no response - looks like the site is hanging.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs