stacktrace

rake --trace db:migrate
(in /Users/roberttodd/ruby/photos)
** Invoke db:migrate (first_time)
** Invoke environment (first_time)
** Execute environment
** Execute db:migrate
!!! The bundled mysql.rb driver has been removed from Rails 2.2. Please
install the mysql gem and try again: gem install mysql.
rake aborted!
no such file to load – mysql
/Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
gem_original_require' /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:inrequire’
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:153:in
require' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:521:innew_constants_in’
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:153:in
require' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/core_ext/kernel/requires.rb:7:inrequire_library_or_gem’
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/core_ext/kernel/reporting.rb:11:in
silence_warnings' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/core_ext/kernel/requires.rb:5:inrequire_library_or_gem’
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:63:in
mysql_connection' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:223:insend’
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:223:in
new_connection' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:245:incheckout_new_connection’
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:188:in
checkout' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:184:inloop’
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:184:in
checkout' /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/monitor.rb:242:insynchronize’
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:183:in
checkout' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:98:inconnection’
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:326:in
retrieve_connection' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:121:inretrieve_connection’
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:113:in
connection' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/migration.rb:429:ininitialize’
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/migration.rb:394:in
new' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/migration.rb:394:inup’
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/migration.rb:377:in
migrate' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/tasks/databases.rake:111 /Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:617:incall’
/Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:617:in
execute' /Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:612:ineach’
/Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:612:in
execute' /Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:578:ininvoke_with_call_chain’
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/monitor.rb:242:in
synchronize' /Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:571:ininvoke_with_call_chain’
/Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:564:in
invoke' /Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:2019:ininvoke_task’
/Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:1997:in
top_level' /Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:1997:ineach’
/Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:1997:in
top_level' /Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:2036:instandard_exception_handling’
/Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:1991:in
top_level' /Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:1970:inrun’
/Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:2036:in
standard_exception_handling' /Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:1967:inrun’
/Users/roberttodd/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/bin/rake:31
/usr/bin/rake:19:in `load’
/usr/bin/rake:19

when I run sudo gem install mysql I get

Building native extensions. This could take a while…
ERROR: Error installing mysql:
ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby
extconf.rb install mysql
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient… no
checking for main() in -lm… yes
checking for main() in -lz… yes
checking for main() in -lsocket… no
checking for main() in -lnsl… no
*** extconf.rb failed ***
Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of
necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more
details. You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
–with-opt-dir
–without-opt-dir
–with-opt-include
–without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
–with-opt-lib
–without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
–with-make-prog
–without-make-prog
–srcdir=.
–curdir
–ruby=/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby
–with-mysql-config
–without-mysql-config
–with-mysql-dir
–without-mysql-dir
–with-mysql-include
–without-mysql-include=${mysql-dir}/include
–with-mysql-lib
–without-mysql-lib=${mysql-dir}/lib
–with-mysqlclientlib
–without-mysqlclientlib
–with-mlib
–without-mlib
–with-mysqlclientlib
–without-mysqlclientlib
–with-zlib
–without-zlib
–with-mysqlclientlib
–without-mysqlclientlib
–with-socketlib
–without-socketlib
–with-mysqlclientlib
–without-mysqlclientlib
–with-nsllib
–without-nsllib
–with-mysqlclientlib
–without-mysqlclientlib

Gem files will remain installed in /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7
for inspection.
Results logged to /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/gem_make.out

the log file says

“gcc -o conftest -I.
-I/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/universal-darwin9.0
-I. -I/usr/local/include -arch ppc -arch i386 -Os -pipe -fno-common
conftest.c -L”."
-L"/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib"
-L"/usr/local/lib" -L"/usr/local/lib/mysql" -L. -arch ppc -arch i386
-lz -lm -lruby -lmysqlclient -lz -lm -lpthread -ldl -lm "
ld: library not found for -lmysqlclient
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
ld: library not found for -lmysqlclient
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
lipo: can’t open input file: /var/tmp//ccKGcV93.out (No such file or
directory)
checked program was:
/* begin /
1: /top/
2: int main() { return 0; }
3: int t() { mysql_query(); return 0; }
/
end */

All of which seems to point to not finding lmysqlclient. So the
question is how to I cure this problem and get rake to beuild my table?

the mk

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs