Need help getting perl cgis to work

hey folks, ive been running apache for years but now trying to use
nginx. I have nginx and php(with fastcgi)
working fine, but whenever I try to bring up my web page that has a perl
cgi on it, it just downloads the script
instead of executing it… I cant figure out how to make it work right…
basically heres the config that I have
for it in my apache conf

ScriptAliasMatch ^/blog/?(.*) /var/www/localhost/htdocs/blog/blog.pl/$1

and

<Directory “/var/www/localhost/htdocs/blog”>
Options +Includes
<FilesMatch “blog.pl$”>
Options ExecCGI

when do I need to do to get nginx to properly execute the perl cgi?

thanks/regards,
Jason

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 08:25:43AM -0500, [email protected] wrote:

Hi there,

hey folks, ive been running apache for years but now trying to use nginx. I have
nginx and php(with fastcgi)
working fine, but whenever I try to bring up my web page that has a perl cgi on
it, it just downloads the script

when do I need to do to get nginx to properly execute the perl cgi?

nginx doesn’t do cgi.

You’ll need to run some separate server that nginx can talk to as a
client, that is able to do whatever processing you want.

If you have a http server that handles the cgi for you, you can
“proxy_pass” to that.

If you have a fastcgi server that is set up to do the right thing with
your cgi script, you can “fastcgi_pass” to that.

There are also other options.

On the nginx side, you configure it in a similar way to your
php-via-fastcgi configuration.

Francis D. [email protected]

As others have mentioned, Nginx doesn’t support CGI.

Please see

Getting Started | NGINX

for a couple different options.

Cliff

Hi,

I use the

http://localdomain.pl/wiki/FcgiWrap

for mailgraph.cgi behind nginx.

BR
Aleks

You can find three different solutions here:

(I prefer Fcgiwrap.)

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 4:55 AM, Falko T. [email protected] wrote:

You can find three different solutions here:

And another one here:

http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/wiki/CGI