Need a quick Windows Release please!

I’d tested Nginx under Cygwin, I like his/her abilities and tried many
times.

I’d found that Nginx under Cygwin 1.7.0 always cause a CPU 100% matter,
while Nginx under Cygwin 1.5.25 always cause a CPU 0% matter, When got a
pretty heavy but not very large work.

I know that CPU matters are caused by Cygwin1.DLL, but I can not solve
it. Nginx under Cygwin can not run the master-worker models good and
lack of ability in allocating memories.

I think a Windows native Nginx compiled by MSVC or MinGW/GCC will be
better.

Please take a little time to get ready a such release at maybe next
release.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Robert Kwok

Why not try Nginx in Linux? Or use IIS in Windows, That’s much easier.

YaoWeibin
2009-03-02

From£º¹ùÕñÁ¢
Date£º2009-03-02 00:26:08
To£ºMailList Nginx
CC£º
Subject£ºNeed a quick Windows Release please!

I’d tested Nginx under Cygwin, I like his/her abilities and tried many
times.

I’d found that Nginx under Cygwin 1.7.0 always cause a CPU 100% matter,
while Nginx under Cygwin 1.5.25 always cause a CPU 0% matter, When got a
pretty heavy but not very large work.

I know that CPU matters are caused by Cygwin1.DLL, but I can not solve
it. Nginx under Cygwin can not run the master-worker models good and
lack of ability in allocating memories.

I think a Windows native Nginx compiled by MSVC or MinGW/GCC will be
better.

Please take a little time to get ready a such release at maybe next
release.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Robert Kwok

Live SearchÊÓƵËÑË÷£¬¿ìËÙ¼ìË÷ÊÓƵµÄÀûÆ÷£¡

Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:05:45 +0800
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Need a quick Windows Release please!

Why not try Nginx in Linux? Or use IIS in Windows, That’s much easier.

YaoWeibin
2009-03-02

Windows is not same to Linux, And IIS is not same to Nginx.

Many programs can not run under Linux but under Window.

Regards,

Robert Kwok

I think what he is suggesting is that nginx is much more stable under
unix
and linux. As such, you can probably put nginx on some cheap hardware
running freebsd or something and then use its awesome reverse proxy
features
to back-proxy to whatever windows based services you need to utilize.

2009/3/2 郭振立 [email protected]