Mysterious JRuby stack trace

Hi guys,

I’m using JRuby 1.4.0 complete jar in one of my projects. I’m executing
it from ant via the exec task:
java -jar jruby1.4.0.jar script.rb script_params

The thing is, on some computers I receive this:
[exec] Exception in thread “main” :1: no !/ in spec (IOError)
[exec] …internal jruby stack elided…
[exec] from (unknown).(unknown)(:1)

Has anyone encountered it before? What can I do to get a more
informative stack trace?

Hi George,

Anything particularly interesting in script.rb?
Do you see the same even with simplest script.rb?

Also try to use -b command line switch, anything more interesting
printed?

java -jar jruby1.4.0.jar -b script.rb

Thanks,
–Vladimir

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 12:03 PM, George [email protected]
wrote:

[exec] …internal jruby stack elided…
[exec] from (unknown).(unknown)(:1)

Has anyone encountered it before? What can I do to get a more informative
stack trace?

Hi George,

Try jruby -d …

Thanks,
–Vladimir

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 2:48 PM, George [email protected]
wrote:

Has anyone encountered it before? What can I do to get a more informative
stack trace?

Any suggestion would be helpful. Is there any switch I could pass to
JRuby and see a full stack trace?