My Script/Console Won't work

I was rolling on Instant Rails, and it didn’t work there,
figured I’d install the latest 1.8.5 in a new directory, still won’t
run.

it says “ruby: No such file or directory – script/console (LoadError)”

somebody help please. thanks

On 2/1/07, Dominic S. [email protected] wrote:

I was rolling on Instant Rails, and it didn’t work there,
figured I’d install the latest 1.8.5 in a new directory, still won’t
run.

it says “ruby: No such file or directory – script/console (LoadError)”

somebody help please. thanks


Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

Assuming you are running on windows, you should check the
environmental variables to make sure that your path points to the
correct place.

Thanks Jason, yes i see that my PATH is pointing to
C:\INSTANTRAILS\RUBY\BIN\ which is correct. If i type ‘ruby’, it seems
to run the exec, but somehow i can’t run any with the script/*
argument…

: T

Jason M. wrote:

On 2/1/07, Dominic S. [email protected] wrote:

I was rolling on Instant Rails, and it didn’t work there,
figured I’d install the latest 1.8.5 in a new directory, still won’t
run.

it says “ruby: No such file or directory – script/console (LoadError)”

somebody help please. thanks


Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

Assuming you are running on windows, you should check the
environmental variables to make sure that your path points to the
correct place.

On Feb 1, 8:29 am, Dominic S. [email protected] wrote:

On 2/1/07, Dominic S. [email protected] wrote:

Assuming you are running on windows, you should check the
environmental variables to make sure that your path points to the
correct place.


Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.

I presume you are doing this from a rails application directory,
right?

On a windows machine, you need to do ‘ruby script/console’

_Kevin

Awe man, i found the problem - when i was backing up, i simply forgot to
include the folder ‘script’…

(hits himself on forehead)…

thanks for your support guys…

_Kevin wrote:

On Feb 1, 8:29 am, Dominic S. [email protected] wrote:

On 2/1/07, Dominic S. [email protected] wrote:

Assuming you are running on windows, you should check the
environmental variables to make sure that your path points to the
correct place.


Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.

I presume you are doing this from a rails application directory,
right?

On a windows machine, you need to do ‘ruby script/console’

_Kevin

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs