I’ve a Rails app running on one of my shared hosting accounts.
Everytime I log out from SSH, my Rails application shows this error
message after 5-10 minutes:
“Application Error (Rails)”
Whenever I log back in to SSH with my account, my site is back to
normal. I’ve Googled everywhere for days and tried all of these
- make sure it’s in production mode
- set the mysql details properly
- tried restarting the server
- tried refreshing the page
- tried clearing my cookies
- cleared temporary session files in /tmp/ (I’ve even set a cron job
to do this every 5 minutes)
What is wrong? Is there some setting in the server which disables my
WEBrick process whenever I am no longer in an SSH session? It doesn’t
really kill my server or ruby process. All it does is “freeze” it.
The moment I log back into SSH, my app goes back online and the error
message disappears. You can view my site here: http://
If it’s online, it probably means I’m on SSH or I’ve found the
answer. If not, then it probably means I’m not on SSH.
Thank you in advance.