Mux settings

What are the proper mux settings for one DBSRX in RXA and one DBSRX in
RXB? When I used a single DBSRX in RXA 0x00000010 worked well. But now
I want Channel 0 to be RXA, and Channel 1 to be RXB both of which are I
and Q, and not swapped.

So far anything other than 0x32103210 or 0x00000010 produces dirty
output with random-looking noise in the data.

Jared

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 05:13:33PM -0400, Jared J. wrote:

What are the proper mux settings for one DBSRX in RXA and one DBSRX
in RXB? When I used a single DBSRX in RXA 0x00000010 worked well.
But now I want Channel 0 to be RXA, and Channel 1 to be RXB both of
which are I and Q, and not swapped.

So far anything other than 0x32103210 or 0x00000010 produces dirty
output with random-looking noise in the data.

Jared

If you’re using a single channel, usrp.determine_rx_mux_value will get
you
the right answer, regardless of the type of daughterboard.

On the DBSRX, 0x00003210 (or for that matter 0x32103210) will set you
up with side A routed to channel 0 and side B routed to channel 1.

See http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UsrpRfxDiagrams
and http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classusrp__standard__rx.html

Eric

Thanks. That means I have issues. :slight_smile: I am trying to use 2 channels,
with a mux setting of 0x32103210. I have a DBSRX on RXA and another one
on RXB. I have no TX. When I do a…

nRead = myDev->read(arr, USB_BUF_SIZE, &bOverrun);

I get perfect data from one channel. (i.e. I_a = arr[0], Q_a = arr[1],
I_a = arr[4], Q_a = arr[5] and so on.) But I get complete junk on the
second channel. (I_a = arr[2], Q_a = arr[3], I_a = arr[6], Q_a =
arr[7]).

I’ve swapped the boards (slot A to slot B and vice versa), and they both
seem to work fine. I’ve run usrp_fft.py -R B and -R A and it works in
both cases, but I can’t find anything to test both at once. But
regardless, I don’t think it’s the USRP’s fault. It think it’s mine
unfortunately. I’m just out of ideas where to look. I’ve been
debugging this for a couple of days now. Ugh. :slight_smile: Any thoughts?

Jared

Hello,

I may be having similar problems. I’m using 2 basic RX boards and I
want to
receive four complex signals. I seem to be losing the complex part of
the
first signal. I was using a mux of 0xf3f2f1f0, and after seeing your
message, I tried 0x32103210. Both of them show the same problem with
the
first signal.

I have tried swapping the usrp parts to see if it was a hardware
problem,
but the problem persists.

Thanks for your help,
Hans