There are many discussions on sub-domains but I would like to come up
with a solution to support the following:
- multiple domains supported as virtual hosts on Apache acting as a
proxy where I anticipate Rewrites to do maintenance pages, pick up
cached pages etc.
- Use Mongrels as the app server but they will access the same back-
end Rails app running against the same database.
- pick up the domain from the http header which will be used to
determine which CSS to use, affiliate-id and where to store cached
files from sort of look-up.
- User only ever sees parameters in the url without any domain-
specific information included i.e. www.foo.co.uk/quote/read not
- The session data will be domain specific.
- Ability to over-ride views and come action controller classes by
domain if necessary.
I am a little confused about routes.rb, apache rewrites and some of
the available plug-ins. So for example, where should I parse the http
I would be grateful if someone could let me know if I am thinking
about this in completely the wrong way. If not, are there any good
information sources I should refer to? Should I post this to the