Multiple args with named scope.. problem


#1

i’m trying to figure out what i’m doing wrong here.

named_scope :schedule_limits, lambda { |*args| {:conditions => [“id =
? and sched_start > ? and sched_start < ?” , ( args[0], args[1],
args[2]) ]} }

it just produces the error

/dir/dir/dir/schedule.rb:9: syntax error, unexpected ‘)’, expecting ‘=’


#2

On 6 Mar 2009, at 18:40, Morgan M. wrote:

/dir/dir/dir/schedule.rb:9: syntax error, unexpected ‘)’, expecting
‘=’

because you shouldn’t have those () you;ve got there.

Fred


#3

well that got rid of the first error but now it says that i

undefined method `schedule_limits’


#4

On Mar 6, 7:04 pm, Morgan M. removed_email_address@domain.invalid
wrote:

well that got rid of the first error but now it says that i

undefined method `schedule_limits’

That sounds like it’s coming from a different line. show the whole
error message and model and things might become clearer.

Fred


#5

Frederick C. wrote:

On Mar 6, 7:04�pm, Morgan M. removed_email_address@domain.invalid
wrote:

well that got rid of the first error but now it says that i

undefined method `schedule_limits’

That sounds like it’s coming from a different line. show the whole
error message and model and things might become clearer.

Fred

I figured it out just in time to not need the whole shebang (at least i
did learn something though). figures. thank you very much for your
help.