we are building couple of application that will need to communicate with
each other, because there where special in what they do, I will explain
it with some general application:
For example, you have a projectmanagement application, where you can
store messages, milestones, enc, and you have a online time registration
application. Now you want to be able to setup the task for each
milestone in the timeregistration application but still have a
projectmanagement application for client that don’t need the time
Why do we want to split it up?
- easy interface
- application focused on one task
What do we want to achive?
- integration when having multiple subscription in different apps
How can we achive this?
- option 1: use the same database and make one big application (we think
this make developing complicated)
- option 2: use the same database, models but implement the logic again
(mhhh, not in favor of that)
- option 3: let the application handle the integration by directing it
to the secondary application, that application should direct it back
when its done (look like the best alternative)
- option 4: use the application api to communicate between apps (rails
doesn’t have a good way of handeling services or am I wrong?)
How have you done it? what are your ideas?