JD

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of John L.
(IRONRUBY)
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 10:47 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Ironruby-core] mspec breaking change

The mspec team checked in a change on June 30 that broke all of our
RubySpec tests. The -X option has been removed which is the option that
lets us tell the specs where the tags directory is. I’ve spent the
morning figuring out how to work around this and have something more or
less working now modulo a few new bugs that have now shown up.

Thanks,
-John

Jim D.:

As a side note, does it seem right to ask why this wasn’t announced on
the Rubyspec list? It’s a pretty big change in my opinion that should
have been discussed on the mailing list.

Jim - can you act as our liason to the mspec team?

Thanks,
-John

Have you commited the stuff to make it run yet?

JD

Just a reminder that the rubyspec guys are on IRC,
irc.freenode.net/#rubyspec, might be better to hop in there and ask
what’s
up before putting it out on a public mailing list.

Sure. I can do it. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn’t
over-reacting.

JD

Already brought it up on the rubyspec mailing list. I avoid IRC because
I get too distracted.

irc.freenode.net/#rubyspechttp://irc.freenode.net/#rubyspec, might be
better to hop in there and ask what’s up before putting it out on a
public mailing list.